X-Men New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age After the Official X-Men

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

X-men childhood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rogue

Rogue

Dollars : 377

X-men childhood Empty
PostSubject: X-men childhood   X-men childhood EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:08 pm

CH.1

Part one

It was never easy being a child of X-men. When everybody expects you to do, act and be like them. It was never fair to the children. Especially Stevie Rae. Like her mother she had the ability to absorb powers, strength and identities. But she just wasn’t as strong as her mother. Never was.

It had just rained; all that was left was the stormy clouds. But still everyone went outside. Did what they wanted, wasn’t so hard once you had powers. Stevie Rae shared a room with her mother; since she was only about nine she didn’t mind sharing a bed with her mother. She yawned as she sat up and looked around. She looked at the end of the bed to see her mother’s feet, peeking out of the blankets. She got out as she went over to go tickled her mother’s feet.

“My goodness Stevie!” Rogue grumbled as she sat up, her hair out of place. Bags under her eyes but still a smile on her face. “You don’t like your mother sleeping do you?” Rogue teased. Stevie Rae smiled as she ran over and sat on the pillow and looked at her mom.

“It’s late Mama. You would have gotten up later on!” Stevie Rae put her hands on her hip. Rogue giggled a little as she touched Stevie’s hair.” I see where you get the curls… but this blonde hair? Where did you get that! Your father’s hair was red and my hair color surely isn’t yours!” Rogue looked at the tips.” But then again... look at the white tips... that are me.” Rogue pointed to the top of her hair and smiled.

“Mama are you gonna be able to stay with me for today?” Stevie Rae asked. Rogue nodded and sighed.

“I am but Prof.X is holding a conference and for some odd reason I gotta be there…. How ‘bout you go find Lila until I am done?” Rogue told her. Stevie Rae nodded as she walked out. She needed a shower. She ran to the bathroom, holding her bath supplies, tooth brush and clothes. She sighed as she banged on the door. Over and over.” Who’s ever in there, you hurry up and get out!” Stevie Rae bellowed. Her hand got tired after a while as she finally stopped and just stood there. The door finally opened as no one was in there.

“I’m done now! Jeez.” A voice behind her spoke up. Stevie Rae turned around. It was Aleks. She glared.

“You’re not supposed to be in there for that long!” Stevie Rae told him.

“But I was.” He smiled.

Stevie Rae rolled her eyes as she walked into the bathroom, locking the door she took a shower, and then brushed her teeth. She smiled at herself before her start getting dress putting on brown boots and a dress and jean jacket. She walked out and the first person she walked into was Lila. Obviously Lila didn’t know it was her... you could tell by the way her anger flared up and she took out her claws.” Hey Watch! - Oh Hi Stevie!” Lila waved and smiled. Stevie Rae raised her eyebrows.

“Lila… if I wasn’t Stevie would you use those claws on me?” Stevie raised crossed her arms.

“No….. It would be to scare you.” Lila told her. Stevie Rae shook her head as she started walking back to her room, her boots clik-claking on the ground. She entered the room she shared with her mom. She stood in front of the mirror. She started brushing her hair. Lila ran in and smiled.

“Where’s your father?” Stevie Rae asked her. Lila shrugged.
“He never tells me... but I think it has something to do with the X-men.” Lila told her. Stevie Rae stopped brushing her hair as she looked back at Lila and smiled.

“He’s at the conference! Come with me... I wanna see what they ‘talkin ‘bout.” Stevie Rae pulled on Lila, which she did not like as they started running. They passed a couple of people they knew…. Not stopping to stay hello like they usually would. Stevie Rae didn’t stop running or pulling until she reached where they would hold conferences.

“Stevie! You know we’re not going to be able to enter that place. We may be their children but that’s not a free ticket to enter and plus Prof.X would hear us.” Lila pointed out.
“You are right but… yesterday I absorb some kid’s powers by accident… two days’ worth! And his power is invisibility! Prof.X will know we’re there but he also won’t know who or where we are.” Stevie Rae told her. Lila sighed.

“Stevie you seem to have the craziest ideas.” Lila shook her head.

“That always works!” Stevie Rae told her grabbing her hand.

Ch.2

Part two

The conference room was quiet for a minute as everyone gathered in. Stevie Rae and Lila were in a small corner by a fake miniature palm tree. The only people that were talking was Storm and Professor X. A quick conversation with glares and tiny sobs from Storm. But when she looked at everyone else she didn’t look the same, she greeted the X-men with ‘helloes’ and handshakes. Everyone was there except for Wolverine, Lila’s dad. She nudged Stevie Rae. And she knew why but didn’t want to say anything.
“Hello my fellow X-men squad.” Prof.X paused and took a breather.” We have given ourselves fantastic lives. Many of you have a family you’re raising. A lot of your children produce the same power as you which is a good thing.” He gave a faint smile to the corner Lila and Stevie were in.
“Last month I sent James to find old companions of ours.” Prof.X hand layed flat on the table, he looked up at Storm for moral support.”He gathered them up and I sent them to go find this aura that has been messing with my powers.”

“Why didn’t you just send us?”Scott asked a little irritated.
“Because we needed you here.” Storm answered looking at Prof.X again. Stevie swears she saw a tear in her eye.
“Besides.” Prof.X looked down.” We’re sending you now. Not just you, all of us.”
“All? Well… what about the institute? Who will guide and lead these kids?” Rogue blurted out in her twang. Once again Prof.X looked at the corner Stevie and Lila were in. He nodded and Stevie Rae got the message. Them. She hoped Lila got it too, and she did. Stevie could tell from her grip.
“Professor we can’t go.” Emma had her legs crossed with a concerned look on her face.”I have to admit, Rogue is right, the kids. Our kids.”
“Where’s your kid?” Prof. X asked calmly. Emma swallowed something in her mouth as she looked away.
“Our kids Professor.” Jean Grey sobbed.”It’s unfair.”
“They will be in the hands of people who get them and understand them more than we ever will.” Prof.X look irritated.

“Who can understand a mutant child better than a mutant like ourselves?” Rogue argued.

“Another mutant child.” The room got quiet. Everyone looked around and back at Professor like he was nuts. He was nuts, at least to Stevie. If they left, all that would be left were kids under the age of sixteen. Stevie knew she couldn’t protect kids her own age. She was hoping it was a mistake. But Professor was never one to kid, sadly. It was true. He was putting the lives of the students in their hands. But they were still students themselves, what could they possibly do?
People left outraged.”We leave tonight!” Professor called after them. He rubbed his temples and gave a deep sigh.
“Girls. Come on out.” He calmly said. He didn’t stare at them which made Stevie feel less guilty. She only came to prove Lila wrong and tell her that her dad was there. She was wrong and horrible for spying on them.”I know you heard our entire conversation.” He rolled his wheel chair over to them.

“I trust you, and my own son to run the institute until we get back… if we get back.”
Back to top Go down

X-men childhood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Men New Age :: General :: OOC-
Jump to: